At the end of every year, we do a “Best of *inset year here*” series, where we count down the top 10 most popular photos in every single category. From Macro to Street; from Portraits to Still Life; from Landscapes to, yes, even the Nude category.
These are some of the community’s favorite posts, raising the bar as they point out the best of the best (or at the least most popular…) images shared on 500px from the past year. But why wait for December to check in with the categories? Let’s see how the community is doing now that we’re a few months into 2016 and really rolling.
Feast your eyes on the 20 most popular photos in the Landscape category of 500px this year so far. Ready to be inspired?
20. Colima Volcano in Mexico, Powerful Explosion and Lightning by Sergio Tapiro Velasco
19. Chained IX by Ole Henrik Skjelstad
18. Reine at Sunrise by Russo Francesco
17. Fire and Ice by Erez Marom
16. The Story of Spring by Jae Youn Ryu
15. Sonnenspitze, Austria by Tomas Vocelka
14. Blue Hour On Baker Lake by Dylan Furst
13. Cold is Coming by Lars van de Goor
12. Sunrise over Bled by Ilhan Eroglu
11. Sun’s Sweet Embrace by Lizzy Gadd
10. Enter The Dragon by Timothy Poulton
9. Spooky? by Thomas Blumer
8. Rise by Michael Shainblum
7. -25 Celsius by Lauri Lohi
6. The Dying Earth by Michael Goh
5. Taganay by Daniel Kordan
4. Time Machine by Iurie Belegurschi
3. Snow Globe by Marc Adamus
2. Italy by Chris Burkard
1. To Heaven or Hell by Max Rive
Be sure to keep visiting ISO over the next couple of weeks as we continue checking in with some of our favorite categories, sharing the most popular images uploaded so far in 2016.
If you have a favorite landscape photo uploaded this year that you think deserved a spot in the top 20, drop us a link in the comments! And don’t forget to say hello and let us know what you think of each list as it goes live.